- 93-95 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2020 Vieux Château Mazerat is composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The Merlot from this single vineyard was picked on September 29th, the Cabernet Franc on October 8th and 9th. The wine has 13.2% alcohol and a pH of 3.58, and it's being aged in French oak barrels, 80% new. Deep garnet-purple colored, it needs a little swirling to reveal notes of black raspberries, Morello cherries and wild blueberries, with an undercurrent of cinnamon toast, lavender and tobacco leaf with a touch of tilled soil. The medium-bodied palate is beautifully refreshing and delicately styled, offering soft-spoken black berry and earthy layers with a soft texture and oodles of freshness, finishing long and minerally."
- 91-93+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2020 Vieux Château Mazerat is a bold, savory Saint-Émilion. Blackberry jam, chocolate, dried herbs, sage, mint and licorice all run through it. In 2020, it’s is a bit more nervy than usual. I would be prepared to cellar it for at least a few years. This is an especially taut style for Jonathan Maltus, but it works well."
- 91-93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2020 Vieux Château Mazerat offers plenty of ripe black cherry, blueberry and crushed violets, all expressive and beautifully defined. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit on the entry and firm tannins, and quite saline toward the finish, which just needs to develop a little more delineation. At the moment, the aromatics show better than the palate, though they may change once in bottle."
- 92-94 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Feiner Nougat, schwarze Kirschen, ein Hauch von Lakritze, tabakige Nuancen. Straff, engmaschig, feine Brombeerfrucht, feines Säurestruktur, rote Kirschen im Nachhall, salziger Nachhall, rotbeeriger Touch im Finale, wirkt leichtfüssig und frisch, sicheres Reifepotenzial."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "An opulent, sexy, rich wine, this is a clearly seductive, but quite different style from the Vieux Châtau Mazerat that I have loved in the past. Powerfully dense fruits with a stacked wall of tannins. There was some mildew impact this year, along with the low yields, so neither Le Carré or Les Asteries were produced, and the remaining grapes went in here (or at least the Merlot, with the Cabernet Franc going into Le Dôme - it is unclear if this is in fact to be a permanent arrangement). Last year it was closer to 35% Cabernet Franc so this is really a new look, and it is successful, but more expansive in feel. 80% new oak, 25hl/ha yields (they rarely go above 30hl/ha anyway). Harvest September 29 to October 9, made in the brilliant new cellar for Le Dôme. Drinking Window 2026 – 2042"
- 94-96+ Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2020 Vieux Château Mazerat reveals a vivid purple hue to go with medium to full-bodied aromas and flavors of cassis, blueberries, scorched earth, and graphite. While Maltus’s Le Dôme gets most of the attention, I continue to just love this wine, and it shines in 2020 with both beautiful fruit and ample structure as well as one heck of a great finish. I’m not sure this will match the 2018 or 2019, but we’re certainly in the same ballpark, with the style being much closer to the more elegant 2019."
- 93-94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A chewy, focused red with blackberry, blueberry and toasted-oak aromas and flavors. It’s medium-to full-bodied with savory fruit and a flavorful finish."
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||94 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Le Dome über Chateau Teyssier, 1 Lieu-dit Teyssier à Vignonet, F-33330 Saint-Émilion|