- 93 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: ?The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is made up of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc aged for 18 months in 48% new French and American oak and bottled in May/June of 2018. Deep garnet-purple colored, it sings of crushed blackcurrants, blackberry pie and blueberry compote with suggestions of cigar box, menthol, rose hip tea and baking spices. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is packed with vibrant black fruit laced with plenty of spicy sparks, framed by grainy tannins and oodles of freshness and finishing long with a menthol kick. 36,000 cases produced.?
- 93 Punkte und ?Editor?s Choice? WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: ?This lovely wine shows exceptional quality and complexity within a bold, expansive package of thick, grippy tannin and layered flavors of blackberry, tobacco and smoked meat. It is blended with 7% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 2% each of Malbec and Petit Verdot.?
- WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: ?Forward in style, featuring a swath of plum and blackberry preserve flavors, laced with light anise, sweet tobacco and apple wood notes. Keeps a juicy energy throughout, but this is accessible now. Drink now through 2026. 36,000 cases made.?
- VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: ?The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is once again a huge overachiever. Plum, black cherry, spice, mocha and new leather are front and center. Pliant and giving, with striking purity of fruit and remarkable balance, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a winner from Phelps. This Napa Valley Cabernet is a remarkable wine for many reasons, most notably the quality Phelps achieves with estate fruit and a production of 36,000 cases.?
- 94 Punkte INTERNATIONAL WINEREPORT: ?The 2016 Joseph Phelps Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is the finest release of this wine I have come across in quite some time. Composed of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc, which was aged 18 months in 48% new oak barrels, and 52% in one- to two-year-old French and American oak barrels. This instantly impresses as it bursts open with seductive aromas of ripe dark currants and black cherries woven together with sweet baking spices, mocha, sage and hints of dusty minerals. On the palate this is full-bodied and voluptuous, with beautifully polished tannins. It displays outstanding overall depth with layers of beautifully ripe dark fruits and sweet spice flavors resonating through the opulent finish. While this is already absolutely sensational, it also possesses the potential to age gracefully and offer up to decades of drinking pleasure. This is a total success from the team at Joseph Phelps.?
- JEB DUNNUCK: ?Moving to the Cabernet releases, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley comes from seven different estate vineyards and was brought up in a mix of French and American oak. It?s a seamless, pretty, medium-bodied effort that has plenty of complexity in its Bordeaux-like bouquet of cassis, leafy herbs, green tobacco, and violets. Drink it over the coming 15+ years.?
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE Editors Choice|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|International Wine Report:||94 IWR|
|Reben:||84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec, 2% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Weingarten Eden, Am Pfarrstadl, 94086 Bad Griesbach/Karpfham|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Joseph Phelps Vineyards, 200 Taplin Road, St Helena CA 94574, USA|