Produktion: 525 Kisten. 14,5 % vol.
- Notizen von Winemaker Sandi Belcher: "We are very excited to announce that the 2012 Vintage marks the 20th Anniversary of ARNS Estate Grown Cabernet. It is difficult to believe 20 years has passed. Our wine quality is the results of paying careful attention to the health of our vines and we have an uncompromising wine making style. Only the very best grapes are used while the inferior ones are dropped to the ground. This approach produces consistently excellent wine. Our wines are very elegant with a deep, dark purple color. You can taste the fleshy and refined tannins in the mouth covered by juicy fruit tones of black cherry, licorice, chocolate, and cedar. 2012 is a fantastic year for production so there is a little more to offer. For the best tasting experience, decant and enjoy.“
- SYRAHQUEEN.COM "The 15 Best Cabernet Sauvignons From Napa Valley", August 29, 2019: "Arns is very elegant Cabernet with a deep, dark purple color. The 2012 vintage marks the 20th Anniversary of Arns Estate Grown Cabernet. You can taste the fleshy and refined tannins in the mouth covered by juicy fruit tones of black cherry, licorice, chocolate, and cedar. For the best tasting experience, decant and enjoy."
- THE NITTANY EPICURIAN, Michael Chelus (10/2019): "This vintage marks the 20th vintage of Arns Estate Grown Cabernet. This wine is 100% cabernet sauvignon from Arns Estate vineyard in the Napa Valley. Following fermentation, the wine was aged for two years in French oak barrels (80% new). It comes in at 14.5% ABV. The wine showed a dark ruby color. Blackberry, cassis, raspberry preserves, vanilla and oak all arrived on the deep nose. Blackberry, raspberry, cherry, vanilla, loganberry, eucalyptus and oak followed on a jammy palate bursting with ripe berries. The wine was full-bodied and exhibited good length. Quite tannic, the wine could cellar for 5-6 years. If you choose to enjoy it now, do so after decanting and pair it with a grilled, dry-aged porterhouse steak."
- 94 Punkte Drink The Bottles Wine Blog, Jeff Lawson (01/2019): "2012 was a mixed year for many wine producers. Some soared and some struggled. Those who did soar rose way above the competition and this 2012 Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon from Arns Winery is a fine example of wine made gorgeously and with style. There is a big contrast in color from the 2011. This was is very dark and inky, leaving behind a beautiful stamp on the cork.I decanted this wine for about an hour but couldn't help myself to get lost in the aromas dark fruits, black licorice and damp, loam earthiness. Solid mouthfeel and the aromas carry over to the same flavors, but add in some cocoa powder and hints of sweet berries on the finish for a mouth covering and memorable drinking experience. ARNS WINERY WINES ARE THOSE THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE WITH YOU TO A DINNER PARTY. These are also great wines to share with folks who are not traditionally "wine people", but beware that those folks may think that all wines are this delicious!"
- JoS im Jänner 2021: "2012 war ein sehr warmer Jahrgang im Napa Valley und dieser 2012er Arns hatte Phasen, wo man das auch deutlich gemerkt hat. Daher war ich auch sehr überrascht, wie gut sich dieser Wein entwickelt hat und wie attraktiv er sich im Moment präsentiert: offen und zugänglich, s..y Frucht mit Aromen von schwarzen Kirschen, reifen schwarzen Ribiseln, Schwarzbeeren, dunklen Röstaromen, verführerische Vanille, Eukalyptus; am Gaumen sehr charmant, mit süßem Extrakt, reifen Tannine, moderater Säure, intensiv, stoffig, stimmig, komplex, lang, sehr direkt und verführerisch, angenehmer Rückgeschmack. Profitiert sehr von Luft, daher Dekantieren. Zalto Bordaux Glas."
- 92 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A subtle and beautiful Napa cabernet with currants, walnuts and hints of hazelnuts. Medium body, a solid core of fruit and a fresh finish. Drink or hold."