- 97+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "There was about 50% of a normal crop this year for the 2017 Dominus, due to strict selection. Grapes were harvested from September 21 to October 3 and the wine was bottled in June 2019. This year the blend is 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, aged in 40% new French oak barrels. Very deep purple-black in color, it sashays nonchalantly out of the glass with graceful notions of potpourri, forest floor, crushed rocks, Ceylon tea and licorice with a core of black currant cordial, chocolate-covered cherries, mulberries and preserved plums plus a waft of garrigue. Full-bodied, the palate has a beautifully impactful, wonderfully quiet intensity of black and blue fruits with loads of floral and spicy sparks, framed by firm yet plush tannins, finishing with long-lasting earthy notes. 2,800 cases were made."
- 96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Virginie Boone: "A blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, this classically structured red is luxurious in aromas of dried herb, cedar and clove. The palate balances rich fruit and dense oak with underlying freshness and longevity. The tannins are grippy yet seamless, and beginning to smooth out. Best from 2027–2037."
- 95 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "This delivers a focused and refined core of cassis, damson plum and raspberry puree notes, laced with precise savory, sage and black tea threads. Shows lovely detail throughout, with a late iron minerality emerging slowly. Stylish, this seems approachable now, but there's some serious embedded grip here too. A wine that should expand with cellaring. Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Best from 2022 through 2040. 2,800 cases made."
- 98+ Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2017 Dominus is one of the truly epic, grand wines of the vintage. Rich, dense and explosive, with tremendous concentration and sheer power, the 2017 Dominus captures all the personality of this site along with the natural opulence of the year. Inky dark fruit, lavender, menthol, licorice, plum, gravel and a host of dark spice notes infuse the 2017 with seemingly endless layers of nuance. Over the last two years I have tasted several hundred Napa Valley Cabernets, both from barrel and bottle. There is no question that Dominus belongs among the elite in 2017; it is simply a breathtaking wine. Certainly readers looking for a Napa Valley Cabernet to cellar should put Dominus at the top of their lists."
- 97 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The grand vin is the 2017 Dominus, which is based on 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, harvested between September 21 and October 3, and aged in 40% new French oak. Chateau Lafite-like notes of blackcurrants, lead pencil shavings, cedary tobacco, and gravelly earth all emerge from the glass, and it's full-bodied, has a terrific sense of elegance, lots of tannins, and a great finish. This tight, powerful, concentrated Dominus will benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age and keep for 25 years or more. 2017 doesn't get much better."
- 97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Very intense aromas of fruit, yet complex subtlety. Blue fruit, licorice and blackberries with flowers and perfumes. Full-bodied, round and chewy with black tea, currants and hints of leather and incense. Coffee undertones. Extremely long and exciting. Available April 2020. Drink in 2022."
|Wine Enthusiast:||96 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot, 6% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||15,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Dominus 2014 offers cardamom and forest floor aromas with deep blue fruit, silky tannins in focused layers and a beautiful, long finish. VINTAGE SUMMARY: 2014 was characterized by a very dry early winter with heavy rains in February and continued rainfall in March and April (February: 11.7 inches | March: 4 inches | April: 2 inches). Average temperatures were higher than historical averages, with minor heat spikes in June (101F) and in July (103F). No heat spikes were recorded in August or September. HARVEST START: September 2 HARVEST END: September 30 BOTTLING DATE: July 2016 PERCENT NEW BARRELS: 40% CASES PRODUCED: 4300 RELEASE DATE: June 2017|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Importeur/Inverkehrbringer:||Jean Pierre MOUEIX, 54 Quai du Priourat. BP 129, F- 33502 Libourne Cedex|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Dominus Estate, 2570 Napanook Road, Yountville, CA 94599, USA|