- 94-96 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ENTHUSIAST, Lisa Perrotti_Brown: "The 2018 D'Issan is composed of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot, aging in 50% new and 50% second year barrels for an estimated 18 months. With 13.97% alcohol and a deep garnet-purple color, it features baked berries, warm cherries and cassis with spice box and fragrant earth plus tea hints. Medium to full-bodied, it has a great core of muscular fruit with firm, fine-grained tannins, with nice freshness, finishing layered with mineral notions."
- 92-95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "An explosive, dense wine, the 2018 d'Issan possesses off the charts richness and fabulous intensity. A rush of blue/black fruit, chocolate, smoke, spice, leather and tobacco builds in a potent Margaux endowed with tremendous concentration and pure, unbridled power. The 2018 is an unusually brooding, somber d'Issan that is likely to require a number of years to be at its best. Today, it is compelling, even in the early going. Tasted four times."
- 92 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Frische rote Kirschen, zarte Kräuterwürze, frische Orangenzesten. Mittlere Komplexität, etwas Nougat und Feige, zart austrocknende Tannine, mineralisch, schokoladiger Nachhall."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is a vibrant ruby colour, with floral aromatics that are even more evident on the nose here than with the second wine, Blason. This is not always the case during En Primeur tastings, when it's the second wines that tend to be a little more open, but it's a feature of the 2018 vintage.
This is a brilliant Issan with richness and poise joined by a delicate acidity that pulls the fruit along. The tannins are deceptive, as they are supple and appealing, but the density and power builds over the palate and clearly indicates long ageing. A wine that feels like it's rooted in its appellation. 50% new oak. 40hl/ha yield, with 53% of production going into this wine, higher than in both 2017 and 2016. Eric Boissenot consults. Drinking Window 2027 ? 2042"
- 93-95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "I was only able to taste the 2018 Château d'Issan once, but it showed beautifully, with a full-bodied, plump, sexy style as well as classic notes of cassis, fresh plums, licorice, and high-class cigar tobacco. Based on 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot that will see 18 months in 50% new oak, from a scant 53% selection of the total production, it?s a brilliant, incredibly sexy Margaux that?s already hard to resist, yet will keep for 2-3 decades."
- 95-96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The cashmere texture of the tannins is wonderful in this. They are ripe and precise. Dense at the same time, giving a slow drive and a long finish. Full-bodied with dark and pretty fruit. Persistent finish."
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||95 RPWA|
|Klassifzierung:||3. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||Cabernet Sauvignon 61%, Merlot 39%|
|% vol Alk:||13,0|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau d?Issan, F-33460 Cantenac, +33 5 57 88 35 91, www.chateau-issan.com|