- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2019 Virginie de Valandraud drifts effortlessly out of the glass with classic notions of warm plums, baked black cherries and blackberry preserves plus hints of cloves, cedar chest, graphite and bouquet garni. The vibrant, crunchy black fruits fill the medium to full-bodied palate, supported by just enough freshness and a firm backbone of chewy tannins, finishing savory."
- 93-95 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2019 Virginie de Valandraud is fabulous. Inky, rich and dense to the core, the 2019 possesses tremendous creaminess and a feeling of intensity that builds with time in the glass. Blackberry jam, chocolate, cloves, leather, licorice, espresso and dark spice give the 2019 striking depth as well as dimension. The 2019 finishes with a closing flourish of mineral- and floral-drenched overtones. It is such a captivating wine. Tasted two times."
- 92-94 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2019 Virginie de Valandraud has a well-defined, quite reserved and classic bouquet that needs coaxing from the glass. Eventually it offers enticing brambly black fruit and light iris petal scents. The palate is medium-bodied with fine grain tannins, superb structure and an almost Left Bank like density on the graphite-tinged finish. Excellent."
- 91 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is an excellent Virginie de Valandraud, far closer to the 1st wine than to its number three. Lovely austerity that is sappy rather than tart, and that suggests you could leave this for three to five years before opening to get the best of the fruit. Savoury edge, with delicate rosemary and white pepper spice. Mouthwatering finish, delicate and enjoyable but with a punch. A good 2nd wine. 1% Carmenère completes the blend. 100% new oak. Drinking Window 2024 – 2037"
- 93-95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The deep purple-hued 2019 Château Valandraud Virginie De Valandraud is another winner. Rocking levels of crème de cassis, tobacco leaf, chocolate, and distinct minerality all emerge from the glass, and this beauty is full-bodied, concentrated, and impeccably balanced on the palate. The purity of fruit is terrific, I love its tannins, and I'd certainly be happy to have bottles in the cellar. It's going to match or exceed the 2016."
- 92-93 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is always a very serious, structured white with layers of pineapple and apple character and pretty tension and texture on the palate."
|Vinous:||93 VS 94 VS|
|James Suckling:||92 JS 93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Carmenere Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Reben:||65 % Merlot, 25 % Cabernet Franc, 5 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 4 % Malbec, 1 % Carmenere|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Valandraud, F-33330 Saint-Étienne-de-Lisse|