- 90-92 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Vines for the 2018 Château Pauillac are located just behind Château Fonbadet, with one block planted with 60-year-old Cabernet Sauvignon. The other block is situated in the northeastern-most part of the Pauillac appellation, in the village of Padarnac. The vineyards are organically farmed, using no pesticides or herbicides. The fruit was hand harvested from September 25 to October 16. Yields in 2018 were a mere 20 hectoliters per hectare. The wine fermented in new French oak barrels using the technique called vinification intégrale, or in-barrel fermentation. Total maceration time ran 21 days. Malolactic fermentation then took place in barrel. Aging is underway in 100% new barrels. The blend is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot. Deep garnet-purple colored, it is a little shy to begin, opening to give notes of wild blueberries, chocolate-covered cherries and fresh blackcurrants plus hints of garrigue, sautéed herbs and smoked meats. Medium-bodied, the palate delivers loads of juicy black fruit with a plush texture and peppery finish. Estimated production is 4,000 bottles."
- 90-92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2018 Château Pauillac is plump, juicy and resonant in the glass. Dark plum, chocolate, licorice, spice and menthol infuse this sumptuous, layered wine. There is much to admire in the wine's depth, but overall Château Pauillac comes across as pushed just a bit too much. This resuscitated property (named after the Pauillac family rather than the village or appellation) continues to show promise. The blend is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot from yields of 20 hectoliters per hectare. Tasted two times."
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: A brand owned by Château Fonbadet that they have begun using in a serious way since 2014, from grapes located by Château Pédesclaux. With a wine that has that name, surely the key is to ensure it is the absolute embodiment of a classic Pauillac, and I would question if so much new oak is necessary, however the results here are excellent, and the menthol side comes through strongly at the final furlong. This can really make waves in the appellation. Tiny production for now. 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot. Drinking Window 2025 ? 2040"
- 92-94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "From an up and coming (although tiny) estate that?s delivering incredible quality while still flying under the radar, the 2018 Château Pauillac is a mix of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot aging in new barrels. There are less than 400 cases produced, but it?s worth the effort to track down, yielding classic Pauillac notes of dark fruits, lead pencil shavings, tobacco, and spice. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully concentrated, and textured, it?s a beautiful wine that?s going to need at least 4-6 years of bottle age, and I suspect a decade will be even better. Don?t let that deter you, though; it?s stunning juice. Tasted twice."
- 93-94 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A tight and linear wine with blackcurrant and tar aromas and flavors. Medium to full body, silky tannins and a fresh finish."
|James Suckling:||93 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||91 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Die Weinberge des Gutes grenzen an die Rebflächen der Chateaux Mouton Rothschild, Lynch Bages, Latour und Pichon Baron de Longueville.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Pauillac über Chateau Fonbadet, Pauillac, Pascale Peyronie, Tel. +33 (0)556 590211; email@example.com; www.chateaufonbadet.com|