- 98-100 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The blend this year is 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, harvested from the 18th of September to the 5th of October. Opaque purple-black colored, the 2019 Mouton Rothschild simply shines, even at this very nascent stage, beaming from the glass with bright, vibrant scents of crème de cassis, blueberry preserves, boysenberries and black raspberries plus fragrant suggestions of lilacs, dark chocolate, sandalwood, jasmine tea and woodsmoke with a spicy waft of star anise. The medium-bodied palate shimmers with energy, featuring tightly wound layers of black fruits, exotic spices and mineral notions, framed by exquisitely ripe, fine-grained tannins and bags of freshness, finishing with epic length and perfume. This year's profound expression is without doubt a legend in the making. (For number crunchers, the alcohol is 13.5% this year, slightly lower than 2018, which came in at 13.8%.)"
- 97-99 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. Made from 98% Cabernet Sauvignon, this is a sumptuous and powerful wine that is built by considerable tannins and immensely rich fruit. At the same time, there is a perfumed charm that balances all that power. The wine's structure and richness are harbingers of enormous aging potential."
- 95-97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2019 Mouton Rothschild is dark, sensual and enveloping. Readers will find a Mouton of notable finesse and class. In this tasting, the Grand Vin comes across as quite restrained, with lifted aromatics and tons of elegance, but also quite a bit in reserve. Time in the glass brings out the wine's aromatic presence and overall depth."
- 96-98 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2019 Mouton Rothschild comes off the back of a succession of superlative wines that you would have to go back to the late Forties to see again. Deep in colour, it has a very composed and refined bouquet: very pure blackberry intermingling with bilberry and graphite, touches of Earl Grey and crushed stone emerging after several minutes in the glass. The palate is beautifully balanced with finely-chiseled tannins, a little spicier than the previous vintage from barrel last year, gently building and fanning out towards the poised finish. This is a sophisticated, classic Mouton-Rothschild that will require a little more cellaring than some recent vintages, but will surely be worth the wait."
- 98 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "A deep intense nose, this is another brilliant Pauillac First Growth in 2019, all different in style and true to themselves. The tannins are ripe and fleshed out, taking a confident hold around well-textured blackberry and cassis fruits that are fluid, supple and frankly delicious. This is pure Mouton, you couldn't mistake it, with its touch of mocha and chocolate, and its core of freshness. Has a feel of the 1996 about it. Harvest September 19 to October 5 (finishing a little earlier that Clerc and Armailhac because Mouton is always an early terroir due to its abundance of pure gravel). Drinking Window 2030 – 2050"
- 97-99 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2019 Château Mouton Rothschild offers the same crème de cassis, graphite, toasted spice, and gravelly minerality, yet turns up the dial and is full-bodied, concentrated, flawlessly balanced, and has the purity and elegance of the vintage, yet brings plenty of power. The tannins are incredibly polished, which will give this plenty of early appeal, yet it's still going to evolve for 40-50 years or more. A more elegant version of the 2009? A blend 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, and 1% Petit Verdot, it's quintessential Pauillac as well as a textbook 2019."
- 99-100 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This shows purity of fruit with blackcurrants and cassis and hints of blueberries and fresh flowers. Toasted and roasted. The 90% of cabernet sauvignon really makes this special. Lead-pencil, tar and licorice notes. Powerful with finesse. Extremely persistent."
|Wine Enthusiast:||98 WE|
|Vinous:||96 VS 97 VS|
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||99 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Klassifzierung:||1. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, 1% Cabernet Franc, 1% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Mouton Rothschild, F-33250 Pauillac|