- 88-90 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2018 Lalande-Borie is composed of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, with a pH of 3.77 and 14.5% alcohol. It is to be aged 12 months in barriques, 30% new. Deep garnet-purple colored, it gives up gregarious notions of baked black cherries, warm blackberries and cassis with hints of pencil lead, camphor and underbrush plus a waft of Sichuan pepper. Full-bodied with bags of black fruit, it has a plush frame and just enough freshness, finishing long and earthy."
- 92-94 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. The tannins are solid, concentrated and powerfully intense. The acidity is astonishing and bright, powering the black currant flavor forward. The wine is precise and beautifully structured."
- 90-93 Punkte WINESPECTATOR, James Molesworth: "Juicy and inviting in feel, with blueberry and blackberry compote flavors. Shows a good bolt of singed mesquite through the finish. On the showy side and very tasty."
- 90-92 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2018 Lalande-Borie is pliant, supple and wonderfully inviting. Bright floral notes perk up the red/purplish berry fruit in a silky, succulent Saint-Julien that will drink well right out of the gate. In the glass, the 2018 is heady and alluring, and yet it retains its classic mid-weight personality and structure. Readers will have a hard time keeping their hands off this jewel of a wine. The blend is 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon."
- 93 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Dunkles Beerenkonfit, Lakritze, tabakige Nuancen, zarte Kräuterwürze unterlegt. Kraftvoll, dunkles Nougat, präsente Tannine, straff und gut anhaltend, extraktsüßer Nachhall, gutes Reifepotenzial. Feines schwarzes Waldbeerkonfit, zart nach Feigen und Nougat, einladendes Bukett. Saftig, süße Kirschfrucht, dezente Tannine, bereits entwickelt, etwas Schokolade im Nachhall, bietet unkompliziertes Trinkvergnügen."
- 90 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "The colour on these wines is wonderful, clearly showing just how easy the extraction was in 2018 - an IPT of 90 in the Lalande Borie has got to be a record. They have handled the wine extremely well this year, showing tension through the palate between beautiful freshness, firm tannins and juicy, appetising fruit. It's unquestionably powerful, and you are definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck here. Very drinkable. 35hl/ha yield. Drinking Window 2024 ? 2036"
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Julia Harding: "60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot. Blended end December. 40% new barrels. Barrel sample.
Black core. Dark, ripe and spicy. Lively even though the fruit is so dark it is almost savoury. Dry, firm and still rounded on the finish."
- 91-94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A blend of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2018 Château Lalande-Borie knocks it out of the park in the vintage and has a brilliant, full-bodied style as well as sexy notes of cassis, blueberries, violets, and spice box. With terrific ripeness, notable purity, and a balanced, layered texture, it?s going to drink nicely right out of the gate yet keep for two decades. It appears to be the finest vintage of this cuvée I?ve tasted."
- 92-93 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A red with lots of blackberry and currant aromas and flavors. Full body, firm tannins and a salty finish. Minerally."
|Wine Enthusiast:||93 WE|
|James Suckling:||92 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||90 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Lalande Borie, 33250 Saint-Julien-Beychevelle|