- 91-93+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrott-Brown: "Very deep garnet-purple colored, the 2019 La Serre sashays out of the glass with a gorgeous nose of potpourri, wilted roses, Darjeeling tea and powdered cinnamon over a core of Black Forest cake, preserved plums and mulberries with wafts of dark chocolate and candied violets. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is beautifully poised, offering layer upon layer of perfumed black fruits with wonderfully plush tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long and spicy. Nicely done!"
- 91-93 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. This is a fine, structured wine, showing class as well as fruitiness. Its juicy berry flavors are a fine harbinger of the wine's ripe, full future. There is good aging potential here."
- 91-93 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2019 La Serre, the Saint-Émilion property owned by the d'Arfeuille family and run by J-P Moueix, has been a little gem in their line-up in recent years. The Merlot was picked 23 to 25 September, the Cabernet Franc on 5 October before élevage in 50% new oak. This has a nicely defined, vivacious and expressive nose with black cherries, iodine and hints of cassis. The palate is very well balanced with fine tannins, wonderful tension, not a deep or immensely structured Saint-Émilion, yet graceful and very harmonious on the finish. Superb."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "I always love this wine, and again in 2019 it is a great choice if you are looking for an understated classy and packed full of flavour St Emilion. Tons of concentration, dripping with limestone-induced salinity and mouthwatering freshness set against creamy bilberry and blueberry fruits, great stuff. Drinking Window 2026 – 2040"
- 16,5+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc. Barrel sample.
Plenty of lift and vitality in the wine. Fresh and appetising on the nose with red fruits and spice to the fore. Smooth attack with fine tannins and texture following. Oak well integrated. Again, fresh and balanced on the finish. Limestone terroir shows."
- 94-95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Chocolate, tobacco, blueberry and wet-earth aromas and flavors. It’s full-bodied with chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Loads of beautiful fruit, yet it remains reserved and polished. One of the best ever?"
- 94-96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc coming from the upper, limestone plateau outside of the village of Saint-Emilion, the 2019 Château La Serre reveals a deep, saturated purple color as well as rocking notes of cassis, spicy oak, tobacco, and crushed rock. Beautifully done, full-bodied, and balanced, it's going to be a wine to snatch up."
|Wine Enthusiast:||92 WE|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||92 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||This 7 hectare vineyard is situated along the edge of Saint-Émilion’s famous limestone terrace, just a few dozen meters from the center of this medieval town. The vineyard is planted on a south-facing limestone plateau (hence its name, “the greenhouse”) covered with a thin layer of clay and averages 35 years of age. M. Luc d’Arfeuille, the estate’s passionate owner, favors a traditional approach in both the vineyard and the winery and his methods ensure that this exceptional terroir is perfectly expressed in his wines. The soil is tilled manually to avoid the use of herbicides, and vineyard work is kept to the minimum to allow the vineyard’s natural character to shine through. Traditional interventions such as pruning and disbudding suffice to control yields. The estate has recently introduced some modern elements, such as pre-fermentary cold maceration and, more recently, optical sorting, to allow only the purest expression of this privileged terroir. M. d’Arfeuille and his team seek balance in all aspects of winemaking, pursuing the legendary elegance of the wines that have been produced on this historic land for centuries. The wines of Château La Serre are deep and generous with a streak of minerality.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||JEAN-PIERRE MOUEIX, 54, quai du Priourat BP 129, F-33502 Libourne CEDEX|