- 95-97 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Very deep purple-black colored, the 2020 la Fleur-Petrus leaps from the glass with bold expressions of baked black plums, molten licorice, Indian spices and blackberry preserves, plus hints of charcuterie, black olives and crushed rocks with a touch of unsmoked cigars. The full-bodied palate delivers compelling tension to the rich, hedonic black fruits, framed by firm, grainy tannins, finishing very long and tantalizingly savory."
- 94-96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2020 La Fleur-Pétrus is wonderfully elegant and polished. Fine tannins give the 2020 its sophisticated feel. Succulent red cherry, cedar, tobacco, smoke and dried herbs all build. A whole range of floral, savory and mineral notes infuse the finish with tons of character. Medium in body and persistent, with real linear energy, the 2020 is all class. La Fleur-Pétrus is, above all else, a wine of understatement and elegance. The 2020 is especially fine."
- 94-96 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2020 La Fleur-Pétrus has an engaging, complex nose that you want to just keep... well, nosing. It offers a maze of black cherry, bilberry, crushed rock, freshly rolled tobacco and light marine aromas. The palate is medium-bodied with blackberry, cracked black pepper, sea salt and light briny notes. This is quite a serious La Fleur-Pétrus; in fact, it’s not a million miles away from the 2020 Trotanoy. It will deserve cellaring for several years but will be worth waiting for."
- 94-96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, opaker Kern, violette Reflexe, zarte Ockerrandaufhellung. Zart nach Edelholz, feine tabakige Würze, etwas verhaltenes Bukett, dunkle Waldbeeren und schwarze Kirschen klingen an, ein Hauch von Veloursleder. Stoffig, straffe Textur, elegant, reife schwarze Kirschen, integrierte Tannine, mineralisch-kalkig im Abgang, feiner Nougat im Nachhall, wirkt noch unterentwickelt, insgesamt harmonisch und vielversprechend."
- 98 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Extremely powerful, this has the concentration of the vintage no question, but it is oh so slowly dealt out. Despite the clear water reserves in the soils of Petrus, the Merlot still slowed down its ripening over the dry summer - just 30mm of rain here in August - before suddenly accelerating in September. A ton of acidity alongside silky seductive tannins, dense and powerful with violet floral notes streaking through the fruit as it opens. Gorgeous balance with unmistakable personality. Yields here were around 39hl/ha. 3.6pH. Harvest September 5 to 18. Drinking Window 2029 – 2050"
- 17,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, James Lawther: "93% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot. Cask sample.
First sample: a little flat (oxidation?).
Second sample: fresher, the fruit very much to the fore, the nose fruity and expressive. Plentiful but fine, filigree tannins ensure a refined but present structure. Freshness and overall harmony. Good potential."
- 97-100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "One of my favorite wines in the vintage is the 2020 Château La Fleur-Petrus, which reminds me slightly of the 2016, even though the growing season was quite different. A blend of mostly Merlot with small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, its dense purple color is followed by a heavenly, ethereal Pomerol offering a powerful, almost Petrus-like sense of stature and density that carries incredible cassis and currant fruits as well as notes of graphite, crushed stone, chocolate, and violets. Flawlessly balanced on the palate, with a dense, layered mid-palate and building, perfect tannins, I just hope it shows this well from bottle! It should, at a minimum, match – and probably surpass – the 2009, 2016, and 2018."
- 99-100 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Purple berry and blackberry aromas with cracked black pepper, violets and lavender. It’s full-bodied and layered and broadens in the mouth. Gorgeous, ripe tannins. Long and thought-provoking. A milestone for the vineyard."
- 19,5+ Punkte WEINWISSER: "Bouquet mit edler Cassiswürze, Holundergelee und tasmanischer Bergpfeffer. Danach ein dichter Strauß Veilchen, parfümierter Pfeifentabak und zarte Lavendelnoten. Am Gaumen mit seidiger Textur, beeindruckender Extraktfülle, perfekt balancierter Rasse, engmaschigem Tanningerüst und muskulösem Körper. Im langen Finale ein Crescendo von Wildkirsche, dunklem Graphit und erhabener Adstringenz. Dieses Juwel hat das nächste Level erreicht – Bravo!"
|James Suckling:||99 JS|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,5 JR|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||91% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||Situated between Châteaux Lafleur and Petrus, Château La Fleur-Pétrus took its name in the 18th century. Jean-Pierre Moueix, who established his wine merchant business in Libourne in 1937, purchased La Fleur-Pétrus in 1950. This historic estate on the plateau of Pomerol was his first vineyard acquisition. La Fleur-Pétrus is composed predominantly of Merlot, which lends silkiness and generosity to the wine, while a small percentage of Cabernet Franc contributes rigor and complexity. The vineyard is made up of three parcels on the plateau of Pomerol with altitudes averaging 33 to 38 meters above sea level. The pebbly soils from the northern parcel yield a wine of great elegance with notes of black cherries. The center plot, known for its summer heat (the area is called “Tropchaud”), produces a wine of tremendous suppleness with a hint of plum. Wine from the southern parcel is particularly velvety, dense, structured, with a pronounced nose of blackcurrant. Blended, these three singular terroirs with nuanced and complementary characteristics produce a generous, expressive wine with apparent structure and a dominance of black fruit. An attentive tasting reveals remarkable refinement, complexity, and a touch of violet.|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau La Fleur Petrus, 7 Rue de Tropchaud, F-33500 Pomerol|