- 97-99 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2020 La Conseillante is a blend of 87% Merlot and 13% Cabernet Franc. Seventy percent of the wine is being aged in new French oak barriques, 27% in second-fill barrels and 3% in amphorae. The alcohol came in at 14% and the pH is 3.64. Deep purple-black colored, it sails gracefully out of the glass with vivacious notes of black raspberries, kirsch and redcurrant jelly, leading to suggestions of ripe, juicy blackberries, violets, star anise and iron ore with a faint waft of dried mint. The medium to full-bodied palate is an exercise in elegance, delivering a quiet intensity of pure, energetic red and black berry layers with gorgeous floral and mineral sparks, framed by perfectly ripe, finely pixilated tannins and seamless freshness, finishing with epic length and the most breathtaking perfume. Simply mind-blowing."
- 94-97 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2020 La Conseillante is a supremely elegant, restrained wine that shows the continued move toward finesse here. Silky and gracious, it’s wonderfully classy from start to finish. Lavender, mint, spice and mocha complement the purplish berry fruit nicely, all framed by bright saline and mineral notes that lend energy. Today, the 2020 is quite reserved, with less opulence than some previous vintages. It's the sort of wine that is shy in its youth and then explodes with years in bottle. Yields were just under 40 hectoliters per hectare, very much in line with years like 2016, for example. Harvest took place September 4–19 for the Merlot and 21–30 for the Franc, more or less in line with what has become the norm of late. As usual, the malos were done in steel. Aging is 70% new oak, 27% once-used barrels and 3% amphora. It's a brilliant effort from Technical Director Marielle Cazaux and her team."
- 96-98 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2020 La Conseillante was picked September 14–17 for the Merlot and September 21–30 for the Cabernet Franc (eight picking days), the yields coming in at 37hl/ha, and matured in 70% new oak. Of the 13 parcels, four underwent vinification intégrale this year. Iridescent purple in color. The nose makes an immediate impression, delivering pure and quite precocious black currants and crushed iris flowers; subtle touches of morello cherries develop with aeration. It is beautifully defined and the oak seamlessly integrated. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent, ripe tannins that disguise the backbone of this exquisitely balanced Pomerol. A discreet crescendo leads to a pixelated finish of awe-inspiring persistency. The old "iron fist in a velvet glove" cliché rings true here. A deeply impressive and quite profound La Conseillante courtesy of Marielle Cazaux and her team."
- 96 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "There are some beautifully fragrant floral aromatics here with concentration through the mid palate and effortless balance. A little more width and opulence in the 2019 perhaps, but here you get precision and purity, and a feeling of 2010 levels of concentration. An elegant 2020, bright, confident, bursting with life. 70% new oak. A yield of 39hl/ha. 3.67pH. Gravel and clay soils, and to keep freshness they left crop cover on the old vines but on the young ploughed it into the soil so as not to have too much competition for the water. Lowered canopy also but kept shade and leaves around the bunches to protect from the sun. Picked early morning from 7am to noon, harvest of Merlot September 4 to 17, and the Cabernet Franc on September 21 and 30. Drinking Window 2027 – 2043"
- 96-98 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2020 Château La Conseillante is a blend of 87% Merlot and 13% Cabernet Franc that saw the Merlot brought in between September 4 and 17 and the Cabernet Franc from the 21st to the 30th of September. Still resting in 70% new barrels, it's a juicy, vibrant Pomerol in every sense and has a vivid purple color to go with a great nose of blueberries, cassis, spring flowers, and violets. Showing the vintage's rich, concentrated, yet also pure and straight style, this beauty is full-bodied, has flawless balance, and terrific tannins. It’s another gorgeous wine from Marielle Cazaux that will require a solid decade of bottle age, but it will see its 30th birthday in fine form."
- 98-99 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "The balance and energy to this is very impressive with blackberry, black-olive, tar and walnut character. It’s full, but very compact with superb tannin quality that is intense, yet so fine-grained, building layers on the palate. A subtle and structured young wine. It really goes on and on."
- 19,5 Punkte WEINWISSER: "pH 3.67, 14 %-vol, 39 hl/ha. Dichtes Bouquet mit verführerischer Waldhimbeere, schwarzer Kirsche und edler Cassiswürze. Danach dunkle Schokotrüffel, Veilchenparfüm und Johannisbeerdrops. Am Gaumen mit seidiger Textur, beeindruckender Extraktfülle, balancierter Rasse und perfekt geformtem Körper. Im langenFinale ein Feuerwerk mit schwarzbeerigen Konturen, Olivenpaste, tiefgründige Mineralik und samtiger Adstringenz. „Beeindruckende Leistung des ganzen Teams“, betont Marielle Cazaux. Für mich dank der Detailbesessenheit ein ganz großer La Conseillante, noch besser als letztes Jahr! Kaufen"
- 96 Punkte ANDREAS LARSSON: „Fresh and aromatic nose with refiend spiciness, violet, wild berries, tobacco and fine oak. Great density but more emphasis on freshness than opulence, elegant dark berry flavours with silky and fine tannin, nuanced with a very long and elegant finish.“
- 19 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: „Kräftiges, frisches, seidenes, komplexes Bouquet, Erdbeeren, Minze, Pralinen, Schiefer. Dichtverwobener, cremiger, feingliedriger, erotischer Gaumen mit kräftiger, süsser Frucht, feinem Tannin, dichter, feiner Struktur, vielfältiger, kräftiger, süsser Aromatik, sehr langer, duftiger, kräftiger Abgang. 2027 – 2048“
|René Gabriel:||19 RG|
|Vinous:||97 VS 96 VS|
|James Suckling:||98 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||97 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||98 RPWA|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||83% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||La Conseillante, SC des Héritiers NICOLAS, F-33500 Pomerol|