-96-98+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADAVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2018 La Conseillante is a blend of 83% Merlot and 17% Cabernet Franc, with a 3.65 pH and 14% alcohol. Yields were 32 hectoliters per hectare; Merlot was harvested September 19 to October 1, and Cabernet Franc was harvested on October 4. Very deep purple-black colored, it comes charging out of the gate with energetic notes of wild blueberries, chocolate-covered cherries and warm black plums plus hints of lilacs, damp soil, cardamom and cloves with gentle wafts of cast iron pan and fragrant earth. Medium to full-bodied, it fills the mouth with elegant black fruit and earthy layers, framed by soft, velvety tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and mineral laced."
- 94-96 Punkte WINE ENTHUSIAST, Roger Voss: "Barrel Sample. Partial aging in amphorae and a mix of barrels gives this rich wine structure, but with a light touch. Its acidity and freshness come from attractive berry flavors that offer lift and a crisp, crunchy finish."
- 95-98 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2018 La Conseillante is magnificent. A wine of real vertical lift and explosiveness, the 2018 is distinguished by its spine of energy, freshness and purity of fruit. Inky blue/purplish berry fruit, mocha, lavender spice and mint develop in the glass, but it is the wine's overall sense of harmony that truly stands out. The 2018 showed tremendous vibrancy and vitality, with superb mid-palate richness and phenomenal balance all three times I tasted it. It is without question one of the wines of the vintage. The blend is 83% Merlot and 17% Cabernet Franc. This is the first vintage that includes a touch of wine aged in amphora, just 3%. Don't miss it!"
- 95 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Tiefdunkles Rubingranat, violette Reflexe, zarte Randaufhellung. Zart ätherisch unterlegte frische Waldbeeraromen, feine Holzwürze, Nuancen von Kirschen und dunkler Schokolade, kandierte Orangenzesten. Saftig und elegant am Gaumen, seidige Tannine, mineralische Komponenten, reife Fruchtsüße im Nachhall, bleibt haften, ein vielversprechender Speisenbegleiter."
- 97 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is extremely good quality with a lovely persistency, luscious and luxurious with richly textured tannins that place you perfectly in the heart of Pomerol. It?s inky and concentrated with clear liquorice from the start and an abundance of flowers and fruit; violets and iris followed by black chocolate alongside subtleties of woodsmoke and coffee that curl out of the glass after a few minutes. It has bouncy tannins with a 95IPT but they're so hugely silky that you can be pretty sure this is going to age every bit as well as the 2016. They continued with all biodynamic and organic farming here except for one treatment during flowering against mildew which meant they had to stop the certification process. 3% will be aged in amphoras, the rest in barrel. Michel Rolland consults. A yield of 32hl/ha. 3.65pH. Drinking Window 2028 ? 2044"
- 18 Punkte Rene Gabriels BORDEAUX TOTAL, Andre Kunz: "Kunz Fassprobe 19: (83% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc, 32 hl/ha, 14% vol. Alkohol) Samtenes, süsses, cremiges Bouquet, rote und blaue Beeren, Vanille, Mocca. Fein opulenter, eleganter, frischer Gaumen mit kräftiger, feiner Frucht, vielfältiger, süsser Aromatik, viel feinem Tannin, eleganter, seidener Struktur, sehr langer, duftiger, frischer Abgang. Kann noch zulegen."
- 97-100 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The 2018 Château La Conseillante checks in as a blend of 83% Merlot and 17% Cabernet Franc brought up in 70% new French oak, with a small amount in amphora. Yields here were a light 32 hectoliters per hectare, and the 2018 is a respectable 13.5% natural alcohol. Winemaker Marielle Cazaux commented that the secret to the vintage was to be a lazy winemaker (i.e. hands off). Her 2018 boasts a saturated purple color as well as incredible purity in its blue and black fruits, spice, liquid flower, and violet-like characteristics. Full-bodied, pure and seamless on the palate as well, it?s flawlessly balanced, with building yet sweet tannins, no hard edges, and a great, great finish. It's going to flirt with perfection. Hats off to Marielle for another magical wine from this estate, which has quickly risen into the top echelon of estates in Bordeaux."
- 97-98 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This is a forceful red, showing blueberry and blackberry character with violets and light wet earth. Clarity and beauty with so much transparency and focus. Full-bodied, firm and silky with lots of white-pepper and salt undertones."
|René Gabriel:||18 RG|
|Wine Enthusiast:||95 WE|
|James Suckling:||97 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||97 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||98 JD|
|Rebsorte(n):||Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||83% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||La Conseillante, SC des Héritiers NICOLAS, F-33500 Pomerol|