- 92-94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Opaque purple-black colored, the 2020 Gloria comes soaring out of the glass with notes of blackcurrant cordial, preserved plums and blueberry compote, followed by suggestions of powdered cinnamon, cedar chest and menthol, plus a waft of graphite. The medium to full-bodied palate is completely coated with juicy black fruits, framed by grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy. The blend is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 34% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 11% Petit Verdot, aging for approximately 14 months in French oak barrels, 40% new. The alcohol is 13.3%."
- 91-93 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2020 Gloria is impressive. Bright and punchy, yet quintessentially medium in body, Gloria impresses for its exceptional balance. Sweet red cherry, blood orange, mint, white pepper and rose petal give this bright, chiseled Saint-Julien so much character. Gloria is such a pretty and inviting Saint-Julien. Tasted two times."
- 93-95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2020 Gloria has an intense nose of penetrating blackberry, raspberry, crushed violet and crushed stone aromas. After 20 minutes, this just blossoms in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, fine acidity and just a touch of espresso and orange peel toward the finish, which remains taught and focused. What a wonderful Gloria! This might actually surpass its sibling, Château St. Pierre, this year."
- 92 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "I love the clear depth to the blueberry and blackberry fruit on the nose here, a sense of elegance and glamour. Silky yet with a kick, this is enjoyable with a saltine cracker twist on the finish - an excellent St-Julien, but a little disappointing for this particular estate when considered next to recent vintages. Tasted twice. Drinking Window 2026 – 2042"
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, Richard Hemming: "Cask sample. Fairly closed and tight in style. Dark cherry fruit, fine-grained tannins, appetising acidity. Medium body, moderate persistence. Well made, standard claret."
- 93-95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Playing in the same class as the 2016, 2018, and 2019, the 2020 Château Gloria reveals a vivid purple hue as well beautiful blue fruits intermixed with gravelly earth, graphite, and crushed stone. I was able to taste this on two separate occasions and it was brilliant both times, offering medium to full-bodied richness and a powerful yet weightless mouthfeel as well as silky tannins. It also has a terrific sense of freshness. It will drink well relatively young yet keep for two decades."
- 94-95 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Very focused and poised with blackberry, blackcurrant and graphite character. It’s full-to medium-bodied with racy tannins and a long, dynamic finish. Will be interesting to see if 2020 is better than 2019."
|Vinous:||94 VS 92 VS|
|James Suckling:||94 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Rebsorte(n):||Petit Verdot Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Gloria, 1 Rue Marie Amelie, F-33250 Saint-Julien-Beychevelle|