Sonderformate möglich, bitte sprechen Sie uns an: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 94-96 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "Quite simply, Giscours is magnificent in 2019, and also one of the rising stars of Margaux today. Pliant, supple and creamy, the 2019 races out of the glass with striking dimension. Ripe red cherry, red plum, blood orange, spice and new leather all flesh out in a radiant, finessed Giscours that hits all the right notes. The 2019 is fabulous - that's all there is to it. Tasted two times.
My tasting with General Manager Alexander Van Beek and Estate Manager Lorenzo Pasquini was one of the highlights of several weeks of the Zoom calls all of us will remember from this very particular campaign. According to Van Beek and Pasquini, 2019 was one of the longest harvests on record. The Merlot was picked early, to preserve freshness, while the Cabernet needed several additional weeks to achieve full physiological ripeness. Cuvaisons were long, 35 days on average, but pumpovers were stopped earlier in order to avoid overextraction. This new approach, along with the input of super-talented consulting oenologist Thomas Duclos, yielded two superb 2019s that continue Giscours' ascendency in Margaux and Bordeaux."
- 94-96 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2019 Giscours is ripe and extrovert on the nose with exuberant black cherries, blueberry and crushed violets bursting from the glass. This is very seductive. The palate is medium-bodied with a tang of seaweed infusing the black fruit on the entry, segueing into more tarry notes toward the well structured finish. This articulates a sense of completeness that I appreciate. The persistency is impressive. This is a superb, potentially long-term Giscours that may well end up at the top of my banded score."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This is a serious Giscours, with medium intensity violet-edged ruby colour. High aromatics on the nose with cumin and cloves, followed by black cherry and cassis fruits that do a good job of filling the palate, and a cooling menthol finish as the tannins close in. Enjoyable overall, succulent yet with precision. Harvest lasted for an entire month, from September 11 to October 12, the longest ever at the estate and a reflection of more precise plot-by-plot work, with vines separated according to age and terroir. Thomas Duclos is consultant here as of the 2019 vintage. A yield of 44hl/ha. Drinking Window 2028 – 2044"
- 16,5 Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot. Barrel sample.
Quite an elegant wine. Dark fruited and minerally fresh with the tannins finely honed. A touch of oak spice on attack then smooth, linear, juicy and refreshing. Certainly understated."
- 93-95 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "Based on 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and 35% Merlot, the 2019 Château Giscours is another stunning 2019. Deep purple, with a fresh yet concentrated style on the palate, it has lots of red, black, and blue fruits as well as notes of sandalwood, flowery incense, and graphite. It's not massive, by any means, yet is flawlessly balanced and has integrated acidity, followed by a great finish. It's very much in the more precise, pretty, elegant style of this vintage yet still packs plenty of mid-palate depth. Give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age and enjoy over the following 25 years or so."
- 96-97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "Lots of deep blue fruit with blackberries and grape skins, as well as tar and asphalt. Lead, too. It’s full-bodied, yet very tight with powerful, defined tannins, surrounded by attractive ripe fruit. Serious. Reminds me of the excellent 1975. A blend of 65% cabernet sauvignon and 35% merlot."
- 18,5 Punkte WEINWISSER: "Purpurrot mit zartem Rubinrand. Dicht verwobenes, schwarzbeeriges Bouquet, dahinter Brasiltabak, Lakritze und Sandelholz. Am komplexen Gaumen mit seidiger Textur und perfekt unterlegten weichen Tanninen und fein mehligem Extrakt gepaart mit tiefgründiger Terroirwürze. Im gebündelten Finale wird der Wein engmaschig und verschlankt sich, dazu Wildkirschen und Schlehensaft, endet mit erhabener Adstringenz. Hat einen klassischen Weg eingeschlagen, hier heisst es Geduld bewahren. Kann noch zulegen."
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||94 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||16,5 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||3. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|Reben:||65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Giscours, 10 Route de Giscours, F-33460 Labarde, www.chateau-giscours.com|