- 92-94 Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "The 2019 Duhart-Milon is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot, harvested from the 19th of September to the 4th of October. Deep garnet-purple in color, it springs from the glass with vivacious notes of plums preserves, black raspberries and blackcurrant pastilles with suggestions of menthol, dark chocolate, pencil lead and woodsmoke plus a touch of garrigue. Medium-bodied, the palate is spritely and refreshing, with bags of juicy, mint-laced black fruits and an approachable, plush texture, finishing long and lively."
- 91-93 Punkte VINOUS, Antonio Galloni: "The 2019 Duhart-Milon is terrific. The benefits of a cool site in a warm year are evident. Duhart does a very nice job of balancing those contrasting elements with its blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot. Grilled herbs, menthol, licorice and dried herbs all grace this super-expressive, mid-weight Pauillac. Duhart is a bit unyielding today, but that should not be an issue in another few years' time. This is very nicely done.
Technical Director Eric Kohler describes 2019 as an easier vintage than 2018, a year that saw quite a bit of disease pressure and extremes of temperature. Kohler added that while 2019 was hot, it was consistently hot, and therefore the vines adapted to the conditions as opposed to being shocked by sudden changes. Yields were a very classic 36-40 hectoliters per hectare, depending on the property. Cuvaison was about three weeks, with gentle extractions. As always one of the signatures at Lafite is the use of a portion of press lots in the final blends."
- 93-95 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2019 Duhart-Milon was picked from 18 September to 4 October and raised in 50% new oak. Of course, this comes from one of the coldest terroirs in Pauillac due to the orientation of the vineyard and less proportion of clay, which has become an advantage in warmer growing seasons such as this. The 70% Cabernet Sauvignon dominates the aromatics with dense black fruit, pencil shavings and tobacco aromas, traces of dark chocolate in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with spicy black fruits on the entry. This is quintessential Duhart: a bit broody, conservative in a non-pejorative use of the word, harmonious and quite sturdy towards the finish. I like this. Whilst it has no intention of being the most flamboyant Pauillac on the gravel terrace, it is imbued with nobility."
- 94 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "This one might sneak up on you, confirming the rise of this wine in recent years. Clear depth of fruit, and above all clear Pauillac character. This feels strict and confident, with beautiful balance and restraint. Duhart is one of the later-ripening and cooler Pauillac terroirs which is why in the past it could be overly austere when young, but it is benefitting from recent hot summers in terms of its fruit ripeness. Pencil lead is prominent here, along with cassis and bilberry. Very precise, very elegant, with a creaminess to the fruit through the mid palate, and overall this is an excellent Duhart. Drinking Window 2026 – 2042"
- 17+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON: "70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot. Barrel sample.
Cabernet expression strong. Plenty of blackcurrant, graphite and liquorice notes with a pervading freshness. Precise and harmonious on the palate, the tannins ripe and rounded, the finish long and clean."
- 92-94 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "A blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot, the 2019 Château Duhart-Milon is a rich yet also elegant wine that has beautiful crème de cassis, toasted spice, graphite, and bouquet garni. This cooler terroir has yielded a beautiful, medium to full-bodied, elegant wine with loads of fruit and depth."
- 95-96 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "A very balanced, refined Duhart with ever so fine tannins and currant, tobacco and cedar aromas and flavors. Medium to fine tannins. It’s extremely long and polished. Direct. You already want to drink this."
|Vinous:||92 VS 94 VS|
|James Suckling:||95 JS|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||93 RPWA|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||93 JD|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||4. Grand Cru Classé|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot|
|Reben:||70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot|
|% vol Alk:||13,5|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Château Duhart-Milon, F-33250 Pauillac|