- 95-97+ Punkte Robert Parkers WINE ADVOCATE, Lisa Perrotti-Brown: "Displaying a deep purple-black color, the 2020 Beau-Sejour Becot prances out of the glass with showy scents of preserved plums, chocolate-covered cherries, wild blueberries and raspberry preserves, plus suggestions of rose oil, ground cloves and licorice. The elegantly crafted, medium-bodied palate shimmers with energy, offering a fantastic intensity of crunchy red and black fruits, supported by fine-grained tannins and bold freshness, finishing long and perfumed. Simply stunning."
- 92-94 Punkte VINOUS, Neal Martin: "The 2020 Beau-Séjour Bécot was picked 8 September until 30 September, but mostly between 8-12 September, around 70% of the production. It is one of the highest percentages of Merlot in recent years partly due to restructuring of the vineyard and also higher yields (47-48hl/ha) compared to the Cabernets. With no SO2 used during fermentation and matured in 55% new oak (20hl Stockinger and Taransaud foudres and regular barriques) it is tightly wound on the nose, so I afforded the sample an hour to really open. It offers predominantly red berry fruit, wild mint and traces of dried honey, more floral scents emerging, violet and iris flower blossoming with time in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with pliant tannins, very well judged acidity, a very graceful and unpretentious Saint-Émilion, harmonious with a touch of white pepper enhancing the precise finish. This is a classically styled Beau-Séjour Bécot that conveys a brooding intensity, so I would give it several years in the cellar."
- 94-96 Punkte FALSTAFF, Peter Moser: "Im Duft fein und komplex zugleich: Schwarzkirsche und kreidige Kalknoten, auch Kokos. Thymian, Salbei, Darjeeling, Rote Johannisbeere, Wildkirsche, schwarzer Pfeffer. Im Mund ölig, mit leichter Süße in der Frucht, der Alkohol stört den seidigen, saftigen Eindruck nicht. Gut integrierte, feinnervige Säure, mutet in seiner feingliedrigen Art fast schon burgundisch an."
- 95 Punkte DECANTER, Jane Anson: "Velvety rich deep blue fruits, this is powerful and measured, fruit-forward and yet subtle, layered blueberry and raspberry with smoked almonds and mocha on the finish. Sleek and finessed fruit flavours, a sense of forward motion from beginning to end and a burst of freshly-grated minerality on the finish. Extremely good quality. This is the second to last vintage in the new cellar, before building a new cellar for 2023 vintage. They have done a lot of work in the vineyards studying the terroir to understand how smaller sectors and zones within each plot reacts, and this work of studying the plots will help to inform the new cellar. Harvest September 8th to September 29th. 3.5ph. A yield of 42hl/ha. 16 months ageing in 65% new oak barrel, 35% in vats, amphoras and 20hl oak tanks. Thomas Duclos consultant. Drinking Window 2028 – 2044"
- 17+ Punkte JANCIS ROBINSON, James Lawther: "85% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc, 2% Cabernet Sauvignon. Fully blended with 10% press wine and no SO2 (at this stage). Cask sample.
Absolute expression of place with stony, chalky notes superimposed over the berry fruit. Lovely texture of tannin, the palate fine, fresh, fruity and persistent. Really elegant and digeste. Reinforces the change of style seen since 2017."
- 94-96 Punkte JEB DUNNUCK: "The vivid purple-hued 2020 Château Beau-Séjour Bécot is another ethereal, incredibly perfumed, mineral-laced Saint-Emilion, which is common from wines from the upper, limestone plateau. Gorgeous cassis and black cherry fruits as well as floral notes, violets, and chalky minerality all define the nose, and it’s medium-bodied, has wonderful purity, and reveals a liqueur of rocks-like minerality on the finish. It’s another thrillingly complete wine from this team that shines for its purity, elegance, and complexity."
- 96-97 Punkte JAMES SUCKLING: "This has a fantastic finish with crushed blackberries and raspberries and salt undertones. It’s full-bodied, yet really racy and polished with such fine, intense tannins. Love the length to this. Very distinguished and toned. Excellent energy. 85% merlot, 13% cabernet franc and 2% cabernet sauvignon."
- 18 Punkte WEINWISSER: "pH 3.45, 14.5 %-vol. Dichtes Bouquet mit Schattenmorellen, Lakritze und Fliedernoten, dahinter dunkle Mineralik, parfümierter Pfeifentabak und helles Edelholz. Am spannungsgeladenen Gaumen mit cremiger Textur, fein körnigem Extrakt, magisch vibrierender Rasse, engmaschigem Tanninkorsett und muskulösem Körper. Im konzentrierten Finale schwarzbeerige Konturen, dunkle Mineralik, sehr geradlinig, wie ein Pfeil vinifiziert, ganz neuer Stil!"
|James Suckling:||96 JS|
|Jeb Dunnuck:||95 JD|
|Parker Wine Advocate:||96 RPWA|
|Jancis Robinson:||17,0 JR|
|Klassifzierung:||Premier Grand Cru Classé B|
|Rebsorte(n):||Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc|
|% vol Alk:||14,0|
|Notizen des Weinguts:||VINEYARD Situation : on the western plateau of Saint-Emilion, in the old parish of Saint-Martin de Mazerat. Surface area : 16,52 ha. Whole estate : 18,50 ha. Soil : chalk with fossilised starfish. Grape varieties : 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet franc, 6% Cabernet sauvignon. Planting density : 6,600 vines per hectare. Average age of vines : 40 years. Vineyard management : Grass grown between the rows (natural or sown), Bordeaux-style pruning, leaving two basic branches (Mr Cordeau), leaf removal carried out twice, green fruit removal in two campaigns. Harvest : by hand. Yields : controlled to between 30 and 38 hl per hectare. WINEMAKING Fruit screening on three separate tables.(2 before de-stemming, 1 after). Vatting : in stainless steel, temperature controlled, vats and in new barrels (600 litres). Processing of fruit plot by plot. The floating crust is regularly immersed in the must by hand Vatting period : approximately 30 days (between 28° and 32° C) The wine is run-off into barrels without using pumps. AGEING Malolactic fermentation in barrels. 80 to 100 % in new barrels, according to vintage. 16 to 18 months in a cellar at constant temperature of 16 °C. Production : approximately 60.000 bottles. Consultant œnologist : Laboratoire Rolland (Jean-Philippe Fort).|
|Potenziell allergene Substanzen:||Enthält Sulfite. Kann Spuren von Eiweiß, Gelatine und Milch enthalten.|
|Warnungen:||Der Konsum von alkoholhaltigen Getränken während der Schwangerschaft kann selbst in geringen Mengen schwere Konsequenzen für die Gesundheit des Kindes nach sich ziehen.|
|Hersteller:||Chateau Beausejour Becot, F-33330 Saint-Emillion, +33 5 57 74 46 87, www.beausejour-becot.com|